Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer 2009

This summer has been a great one. I have had a lot of fun and have learned a lot of new things.
In June my niece Kalli turned 3 years old. I helped my sister Reva with her birthday party. We had lots of fun with water and other party games.
I went to a couple of my friends wedding receptions. It was great to be able to travel and have the time to think!
I cut my hair on July 9th. It has been nice to have shorter hair. It makes things easier and harder at the same time.
In May I started a new job. Virginia the lady I was working for passed away. It was sad she died, but she is in a better place. Sandy my new boss is a lot of fun. I don't think there has been a day where I haven't laughed at something that happened at work. She has some very cute animals. Apollo the Llama and Stomper one of the sheep are my favorites. The animals teach me many lessons that I can apply to my life.
My car was expensive for me this summer. First I had a motor that sounded like it was going to die, then I had brake issues, and then I have had tire problems. It is crazy.
In July I had a family reunion in Idaho. We went swimming, played games, talked, and ate food. I enjoyed the time I spent with my family.
One very eventful thing that happened at my apartment was that the sewer backed up in our downstairs bathroom. It was gross and stinky.
My summer was a very good one filled with adventure and excitement.

1 comment:

Eric and Caralee said...

Oh fun! I love family reunions, I have been thinking we should have one next summer when Eric and I leave Philly and come through Roosevelt to visit!

Words of Wisdom

The effect of our words and acts is tremendous in this world. Every moment of life you are changing to a degree the lives of the whole world. … So, it’s not the surroundings, it isn’t the positions; the thing that will influence [others] in this world, are personalities. No matter what you are people will feel and recognize this. You radiate, you can’t hide it. You may pretend something else, but that will not affect people.
David O. Mckay
Chapter 24: “Let Your Light So Shine”, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay, 225