Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning

So recently because of moving I have been doing a lot of sorting through all of my things. It is crazy all the things that I keep and hold onto. I just thought to myself as I was doing some of the sorting, "why have I kept this?" I filled up part of a box with paper that can be recycled it was crazy. I am glad that all that paper is not going to waste. It hasn't hit me as hard about conserving things as it has this semester with how the economy is and from being in a really awesome Natural Resource and Society class. I enjoyed this class a lot. We learned about the environment but also about relationships in general. It was great!!! Well to do other things I go hy ho hy ho hy ho.

2 comments:

Jeanne Evans said...

I'm kind of glad that I've moved around a bunch and haven't stayed in one spot for to long. Because then I usually get rid of old papers and stuff like that more often then I would have if I'd stayed in the same apartment for a couple of years.

Jessio said...

I need to get my house in order too. It takes time to just sit down and do it. I am always amazed at all the things I keep too, although there are certain things that I have thrown away in the past that I wish I had now, like the journals I kept when I was eight and nine years old. I would like to know what my life was like then and what I thought about things, but now I'll never know. Be careful what you get rid of.

Words of Wisdom

The effect of our words and acts is tremendous in this world. Every moment of life you are changing to a degree the lives of the whole world. … So, it’s not the surroundings, it isn’t the positions; the thing that will influence [others] in this world, are personalities. No matter what you are people will feel and recognize this. You radiate, you can’t hide it. You may pretend something else, but that will not affect people.
David O. Mckay
Chapter 24: “Let Your Light So Shine”, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay, 225