Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Two weekends ago I had the chance to go down hilling skiing for the first time. At first I went out and tried out the ski’s trying to figure them out. I did this for a while getting some help from others in my ward. I fell once doing this and I got upset, but I kept going. I then tried to do pizza wedge again and did a little better. The pizza wedge is something that helps you stop when you are skiing. It is making the skis look like a pizza without crossing them. I started talking with some people in my ward and they invited me to go on the lift. It was a fun and scary experience learning to ski. I fell down lots and lots. You get better at something by trying again and again. This is what I did. I was a little sore, but it was so worth it.

4 comments:

Jessio said...

Wow! You went skying! I have never been down hill skying before, but I always thought it looked so scary.

Jeanne Evans said...

Yeah, that sounds like me when I went skiing last year. But Rebecca Riddler took the lessons and so I did too. So that made it a little better, but I kept falling a ton anyways.

Ruth said...

They had someone teaching lessons. We didn't get that. I did have some friends help.

It is a scary experience skiing, but a fun one.

How is life Jessi? It has been a while.

Jeanne Evans said...

Hey, you should go look at my blog...because guess whose blogs I found? Aunt Lewania, Katie, Kim, David and Lee. Funny huh? Actually Aunt Lewania commented on Caralee's blog and then I found the rest of theres.

Words of Wisdom

The effect of our words and acts is tremendous in this world. Every moment of life you are changing to a degree the lives of the whole world. … So, it’s not the surroundings, it isn’t the positions; the thing that will influence [others] in this world, are personalities. No matter what you are people will feel and recognize this. You radiate, you can’t hide it. You may pretend something else, but that will not affect people.
David O. Mckay
Chapter 24: “Let Your Light So Shine”, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay, 225