Friday, June 13, 2008

I wonder....

My friend Jessio did a blog about her sister recently, Sharadon and made a comment as to wondering what it would have been like to have been able to grow up with her. As I was thinking of this it made me think of my mom. I wonder what would it have been like to have had her there when I went to Junior prom, when I went on my first date, and other things like that. Would we have had our quarrels or got a long pretty good. I realize that my mom did have a purpose even if I have times where I wished she could have been there for me. I realized that she was there to help me to learn what service is. It is loving those that we care about. Doing anything that might make them happy. Telling them what we have enjoyed in life and many other things. I am grateful for a loving mother that was willing to sacrifice for me so that I could learn from her in a different way than most. I love my mom still even though I can't tell her I love her anymore on this earth.

2 comments:

It's just Barb said...

Ruth,
Your mom would be SO proud of the great person you are! You are an amazing girl!
Come visit sometime!

Jessio said...

Ruthio! You're making me sad. I have wondered that about you and your mom sometimes too. But I can see that trials really do give us strength. We can both look forward to a time in the future when we can get to know members of our family who can't get to know here. That is the amazing promise of eternal families! I'm sorry I've been so out of touch. I really do love you so much.

Words of Wisdom

The effect of our words and acts is tremendous in this world. Every moment of life you are changing to a degree the lives of the whole world. … So, it’s not the surroundings, it isn’t the positions; the thing that will influence [others] in this world, are personalities. No matter what you are people will feel and recognize this. You radiate, you can’t hide it. You may pretend something else, but that will not affect people.
David O. Mckay
Chapter 24: “Let Your Light So Shine”, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay, 225