Saturday, March 29, 2008

Insects


Every Wednesday I have a biology lab and I have got to do some fun things in this lab. One thing is that I dissected a squid. I also held a millepede. A hard thing to do, but fun also. Another thing that I have held is a hissing cockroach. I wasn't wanting to hold these things, but I decided to get over my fears and hold them anyways. Did you know that it is only really centipedes that are dangerous not the millepedes. Some millepedes do let a cynide gas out, but there are some that are dangerous like the one I held. Centipedes have pinchers(fanglike) that are by their legs and poison comes out of this. They are on their sides. Learning and trying new things is fun.

3 comments:

Jeanne Evans said...

That would be fun to hold a hissing cockroach, considering I've been cursed with roaches for a long time. (hehe)

Eric and Caralee said...

That reminds me of a class Eric was taking when we were dating, he actually did a bug collection for the class and I went with him a bunch of times to collect them in local rivers, etc. Some of them were pretty freaky. He loved it though! YOu crazy biology people (hehe)

Jessio said...

Oh, cool! Paul and I have been watching a bunch of nature documentaries and we really love them. You're so cute, Ruth! I just love you!

Words of Wisdom

The effect of our words and acts is tremendous in this world. Every moment of life you are changing to a degree the lives of the whole world. … So, it’s not the surroundings, it isn’t the positions; the thing that will influence [others] in this world, are personalities. No matter what you are people will feel and recognize this. You radiate, you can’t hide it. You may pretend something else, but that will not affect people.
David O. Mckay
Chapter 24: “Let Your Light So Shine”, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay, 225